Monday, February 14, 2011

Love!

Happy Valentine's Day.  I'm hoping you've all had a chance to feel some loving today and if not, perhaps then you had the chance to give some away.  My friend was sharing that she was trying to take time to be kinder to others when she's running around doing her errands.  Simply taking moments of pause as you go through the grocery store checkout.  Instead of wishing everything went faster how about wishing everything went slower.   Taking the time to smile at others, to greet your cashier by their name (it's not only on their uniform so you can complain about them).  Shock them out of their boredom and give them a nice compliment.  I don't know about you but when I take the time to feel those good loving feelings in the mundane and everyday places I tend to feel better about everything and generally everyone. 

Okay back to fitness....and food.  We've all got so much to do and places to be that I'm going to give quick tips and I won't do information overload. Implement one or two changes per week.  Make it all manageable.  I tend to be an 'all or nothing' gal and I'm really trying to slow down and make a few realistic and manageable changes each week. 
 My session with a client today was great.  It was pouring with rain and I let her decide where she wanted the session to occur inside or out.  I was so pleased when we were running up the side of the mountain in the trails down in Deep Cove.  Protected by the trees and with the sound of the rushing river one cannot help but feel ALIVE and grateful for the lungs and the legs carrying us up the hills.  Adding hills can really help the cardio improve and by changing your routines from the same old thing.  Don't do the same form of cardio every workout or you will stop seeing results as you plateau you must confuse the muscles and you will get better results.  Well it's storytime in the next room so I must go.  Have a healthy and love filled week. 

Today's quick tip:  10 Favorite Energy Foods


  1. Whole wheat pasta
  2. Oatmeal
  3. Fruit smoothies made with low-fat yogurt
  4. Peanut butter
  5. Dried fruit (apricots, cranberries, raisins, figs)
  6. Yams
  7. Beans
  8. Apples
  9. Carrots
  10. Chickpeas

No comments:

Post a Comment